Friday, May 6, 2011

Pink Saturday!

Pink Saturday...gotta love it!

I recently participated in a matchbox swap hosted by
Heather of The Speckled Egg,
with a Spring Inspirations theme.
I have wanted to participate in one of Heather's swaps for months,
and always seemed just miss the sign-up date.
So I was so happy to make it into this one!

We embellished a large matchbox
and filled it with artgoodies for two swap partners.



and



I covered the box in a wallpaper print,
and used two of my favorite Pre-Raphaelite images.
The flowers are handmade of delicate glimmer-misted tissue paper,
and I embellished the box with vintage lace
and a little metal tag.

Inside I tucked in some vintage French text, vintage crepe paper,

some embellishments I made, images, a little ballerina,
and a vintage rosette, among others.

Thanks for stopping by!
Treat yourself to more pink loveliness at How Sweet the Sound!



Photobucket

8 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Very nice matchboxes that you made for the swap! Great goodies inside too!
deb

HI! I'm Tabitha said...

hi lorraine,
thanks so much for my goodies i just love them
hugs
tabitha

Unknown said...

Love the matchboxes, Happy Pink Saturday! Hugs Marilou

Gerri Herbst said...

Came over from Pink Saturday...Your work is amazing. The flowers are so delicate and lovely.So very sweet, gerri

Ann said...

ok..I covet the matchbox!! it is gorgeous!! what lovely goodies you tucked in!! lucky swap partner!

JoAnne said...

Hi Lorraine,
They are gorgeous!!!!! I posted one of your matchboxes on my blog today!

Unknown said...

How fun! That's something I've been wanting to try for awhile... :)

HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
Sarah

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Happy Pink ....... Sunday
So glad I visited your Blog as the matchboxes are right up my street.
Gorgeous. Funnily enough, yesterday I made a card with Soul of A Rose (Oxford Impressions' stamp) an absolute favourite image of mine.
Lovely if you visited my Blog, Adorn.
Wishes
Lynne

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...